- I am actually getting psyched for the new school year. I can't believe it but it's true. I need to write goals for the upcoming school year but I am going to wait and see what the principal's and new superintendant's goals are. The state has mathematics goals and I have goals for my professional development plan. I can merge all of these into no more than four focus areas.
- I am going to read more this year. I will include a bit of fiction, but it will mostly be professional journals and mathematics books (which I love to read the most). I want to also remember to read Marcus Borg and Karen Armstrong.
- I used to be able to do that gross stuff in life: baby diapers, litter boxes. I never blinked an eye. Now I am gagging when I do litter boxes. I cannot for the life of me deal with children's loose teeth (and I teach a bunch of those fifth graders who are always losing them, bleeding from their mouths, blood dripping everywhere . . . ). My resolve for this upcoming year: do those damn litter boxes every damn week and then they won't be so damn awful!
- I am not the most social person. That is why blogging is so attractive to me. I can interact with people without interacting. I am going to become more social in real life this year. Not much, just a bit. A tiny bit.
- I get way too distracted and am easily led down non-productive but fascinating paths that teach me a lot. I need to harness this so that I can still follow these trails but not do so all day (or night) long. Any ideas, Sarala?
- I used to have a terror of thunderstorms. It is gone now! I guess living in the mountains with very violent storms makes one overcome the fear. Storms are so bad here that your telephone begins to ring all by itself. That's pretty weird. I am now typing this in the dark on battery power because of a bad storm overhead. If I think and type faster, I can finish this before I lose power and won't be able to post. The foundation of the house is actually vibrating.
- I had two days of complete misery when Wingnut went home. My overly strong reaction has its roots from when my husband died. Sometimes my body becomes confused about the difference between leaving and dying. I gotta work on discerning the difference for these good-bye-but-not-forever-times.
- I have found that photography is a method of getting me off of my property (where I would, if possible, never leave, even to go buy milk), and is mood elevating.
- I love to keep lists. Right now my table is littered with yellow pad-size sticky notes with lists. Wingnut wanted to throw some away because the wind keeps blowing them around the room. I can't throw them away unless I re-write them onto a new list!
- I'm in GIMPS again (I hope because I don't think mprime is doing so well). You will be seeing a whole bunch more mathematics here. I want to teach everybody and help everyone overcome math phobia.
- Oops. Math teacher can't count.
I hope I have never tagged any of them with this meme before. If any of these
One more thing: be sure to click these links (Marcus Borgand Karen Armstrongand Branford Marsalis), and buy a lot of books and CDs on amazon so that I can get my Canon Rebel XTi. kthx
Technorati tags: Branford+Marsali Karen+Armstrong GIMPS Marcus+Borg thunderphobia grief